Isosal with sweetener - Saline supplement of carbohydrates and electrolytes
Properties of components
– Carbohydrate and Electrolyte Solutions: useful in case of prolonged physical exercise for maintaining endurance performance. They also help to increase the absorption of water for hydration of the body.
– Dextrose and maltodextrin: dextrose is a rapidly assimilated monosaccharide, it is the main energy source of cells. Maltodextrins are carbohydrates with a medium assimilation rate obtained by hydrolysis of corn starch, they are made up of glucose polymers. The dextrose equivalence (DE) value of maltodextrins is 18.
Carbohydrates contribute to the recovery of muscle contraction after intense and / or prolonged exercise that leads to muscle fatigue and depletion of glycogen stores in skeletal muscles. The beneficial effect is obtained with the consumption of 4 g of carbohydrates per kg of body weight. It is recommended to start and end the intake within 4-6 hours following intense and / or prolonged physical exercise.
– Magnesium: contributes to muscle function, the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
– Potassium: contributes to the functioning of the nervous and muscular systems and to the control of blood pressure.
– C vitamin: contributes to the function of the immune system during and after intense physical exertion, to the formation of collagen for the function of blood vessels and to the protection of cells from oxidative stress.